Global Recycling Day!
March 18, 2022
According to the EPA, Recycling is the process of collecting and processing materials that would otherwise be thrown away as trash and turning them into new products.
Here are some benefits of recycling:
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water and minerals
- Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Saves energy
- Helps create jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries
Here’s also a list of the items that can be recycled:
- Aluminum cans
- Cereal boxes
- Egg cartons
- Glass containers
- Laundry detergent bottles
- Paper towels
- Trash bags
Today on Global Recycling Day, don’t forget to do your part and recycle all the recyclable items in your household instead of dumping them in the trash bin!